Ginger has been used as a medicine in Asian, Indian, and Arabic herbal traditions since ancient times. In China, for example, ginger has been used to help digestion and treat stomach upset, diarrhea, and nausea for more than 2,000 years. Ginger has also been used to help
treat arthritis, colic, diarrhea, and heart conditions.
In addition to being used as a medicine, ginger is used throughout the world as an important cooking spice. It also has been used to help treat the common
cold, flu-like symptoms, headaches, and painful menstrual periods.
Ginger is native to Asia where it has been used as a cooking spice for at least 4,400 years. New studies are showing very important health benefits of ginger with various cancer cells and probably many more studies to come.
Ginger and the Immune System
- strong antioxidant
- Antimicrobial (kills bacteria – including salmonella) – internally and topically as an antiseptic
- two natural antibiotics are found in ginger
- contains anti-inflammatory agents
- helps eliminate congestion
- contains zingibain that dissolves parasites and their eggs
- ginger root tea eases some throat pain
- kills cold viruses
- inhibits production of cytokines which cause pain and swelling
- combats chills and fever
- ginger inhibits 5-LO enzymes, the only food for prostate cancer cells , prostate cancer cells die in one to two hours without this enzyme
- gingerol (an extract of ginger) inhibits pancreatic cell growth
- beneficial to prevent constipation-related cancer
- an effective ani-tumor agent in leukemia cells
- an extract of ginger causes lung cancer cell death
- gingerols inhibited the growth of Helicobacter pylori associated with dyspepsia, peptic ulcer disease and the development of gastric and colon cancer
- ginger extract raises significantly the thymus index, spleen index, percentage of phagocytosis, and thus improves the immunologic function relating to tumors
- gingerol inhibits cell adhesion, invasion, motility and activities of breast cancer cell lines
- gingerol induces viability reduction (killed) gastric cancer cells
- a ginger extract causes apoptosis (cell death) of breast carcinoma cells
- ginger inhibits cell growth and modulates angiogenic factor in ovarian cancer cells
- 6-shogaol (component of ginger) induces cell death in colorectal carcinoma cells
- compounds of ginger inhibits proliferation (stops growth) of ovarian cancer cells
- a component of ginger suppresses metastasis (stops the spread) in any type of cancer cell including leukemic, skin, kidney, lung, and pancreatic cancer cells – one of the most exciting and powerful health benefits of ginger!
Ginger and Circulation
- stimulates circulation
- may help prevent heart attacks
- has natural blood thinning properties
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- cleanses and stimulates blood
- prevents internal blood clots
- may prevent TIA’s (mini strokes)
- therapeutic properties for hypertension
And Much Much More!